The adoption of health prevention measures due to the recent Covid-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak has led to a temporary interruption of education activities in many regions, an unfamiliar situation for students, teachers and families in Spain.
Our mission at Pearson is to help people make progress in their lives through learning and due to these unexpected circumstances we want to offer all our support and do everything possible to ensure that teaching and learning can continue as smoothly as possible during this period of uncertainty.
- Access to your Pearson content from home: All Pearson courses offer free online access to the materials in digital format both for students and for teachers to support you to successfully implement distance learning during the coronavirus outbreak:
- Online Teacher’s Resources: You will find all teacher’s resource materials from your Pearson course online at Pearson Teacher’s Place or Pearson English Portal including teaching notes, video and audio resources, worksheets, etc. Please request free access to it, if you still don’t have it!
- Training on distance learning: We are excited to launch a new series of webinars to help you deliver online classes from home at these critical times!
- Online meetings with our team: We are happy to support you on how to best use our coursebooks and materials through videoconferences.
- Sample materials to your home: We will send any sample materials you are interested in to the most convenient address for you.
And so our Km Zero project begins: a collection of ideas and tools to help teachers deal with this situation, exploiting the potential of digital learning environments: webinars, video lessons, educational resources and multimedia content – all delivered remotely. We are always looking to find the best ways to support you at these critical times.
Discover the range of proposals currently on offer for English teachers at Pearson Km Zero
Free Training on distance teaching and learning
In this series of webinars, we will provide practical tips on how to teach remotely – from classroom management to engaging students, and even keeping yourself motivated outside the classroom.
with Dr Ken Beatty
Webinar #2:Tuesday 17th March
Webinar #3:Wednesday 18th March
Webinar #4:Wednesday 18th March
Access to your Pearson content from home
Online Area, MyEnglishLab, Apps… thousands of interactive exercises to be assigned remotely to students, complete with audio and video content for studying and revising at home.
Online training for English teachers
Pearson Academy training videos. Besides the webinars already scheduled for March and April, you’ll find a complete library of all our webinars held to date on how to develop your skills as an English teacher.
First steps to Mindfulness
A short video from Ashley Lodge, Pearson’s expert in the practice of Mindfulness in the workplace, a PDF to download and an audio recording to try mindfulness at home.
Online teacher’s resources
Educational resources to download and share with your students and a range of in-depth articles.